Just like men, women too can experience sexual issues at any stage of the life. A sexual problem is anything that interferes with a woman’s satisfaction with a sexual activity. When this happens, it is often referred to by health professionals as female sexual dysfunction (FSD). You can get FSD due to any of the cause, such as physical, psychological or due to medicines.
Sexual Problems In Women
The types of sexual problems in women correspond to the stages of the sexual response cycle. The sexual response cycle includes four steps – desire, arousal, orgasm, and resolution.
Inability to achieve any of the sexual response cycle stage can interfere with your sexual satisfaction and thus create a problem. This can be quite distressing for you or any other woman. The three sexual issues that most of the women reported are:
a) Lack of sexual desire
b) Difficulties becoming sexually aroused or achieving orgasm
c) Pain during intercourse
Treatment For Female Sexual Problems
Your healthcare provider will do some extensive medical tests to evaluate your sexual problem. don’t forget to tell your doctor about any medical issues and surgeries you have or have had in the past and any medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, herbs, and supplements.
Depending on your cause, a doctor may recommend you some of the treatments for sexual issues.
1) Vaginal lubricants – Vaginal lubricants are recommend to women with vaginal dryness. The lubricants are available in the form of gels, creams, or suppositories and can be bought from any drug store without prescription. Avoid using oil-based products such as mineral oil, petroleum jelly, or baby oil can interact and break the condoms.
2) Androgen therapy. Androgens include testosterone. Testosterone plays an important role in men as well as women sexual life. women have much lower amounts of testosterone.
3) Drugs – Drugs such as Sildenafil, Cialis, and Levitra etc. are well known ED drugs for men to treat erectile dysfunction. Men using Ed drugs can use Sildenafil discount card to buy their ED drugs at low prices. Similarly, women suffering from sexual issues can take Addyi. Addyi is the first drug approved by the FDA to treat “hypoactive sexual desire disorder” in women. Make sure to take Addyi as recommended by your doctor to avoid various side effects such as headache, flushing, nasal congestion and irritation, abnormal vision, and stomach upset.
4) Topical estrogen – Estrogen products can help make sex more comfortable for menopausal women with vaginal sensitivity or dryness. Estrogen is applied as a cream or inserted in vagina. These products are available by prescription and are very effective for some women.
5) Hormone therapy (HT) / Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): HT has been used to relieve symptoms of menopause. HT therapy is of two types:
b) Estrogen-progestin, a synthetic form of the hormone
HRT can be very effective for some women in relieving vaginal dryness and discomfort during intercourse. But it’s recommended that women who choose to take HT do so for the shortest period of time possible and at the lowest effective dose. Long term use of HRT can lead to backache, breast tenderness, pelvic pain, depression, bloating, and nausea etc. Make sure to consult with your doctor right away if you experience any of these symptoms.